PokEmotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's In A Name?

+16
Emily
Chelan
Mikel Newth
Gabriel.
Luca
Lyon
RyanDrifff
Zeke
Rei~
mitsuki
Kazuki
Nero Amherst
~Trixy-*
Bailey
Callahan O'Connell
Setzer
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's In A Name? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's In A Name?

Post  Mikel Newth Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Well, it seems I'm kinda boring too.
I was about to finish the application when my sister came in and asked: "So... What's his name?" and I was like: "Eh? What's that?"
Since I had come up with him the same day I hadn't even thought about the name. -A-
Went to some baby name site -> searched for names starting with "M"(Mr. Mime) -> Mikel got his name.

PS: Since he was such a new character I made his last name Newth.
Mikel Newth
Mikel Newth

EXP : 67
Region : Sinnoh

http://hazycloudlet.deviantart.com/art/Mikel-the-Mr-Mime-1998204

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyon Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:10 am

Mikel Newth wrote:Well, it seems I'm kinda boring too.
I was about to finish the application when my sister came in and asked: "So... What's his name?" and I was like: "Eh? What's that?"
Since I had come up with him the same day I hadn't even thought about the name. -A-
Went to some baby name site -> searched for names starting with "M"(Mr. Mime) -> Mikel got his name.

PS: Since he was such a new character I made his last name Newth.

Ffflol~ -felt the need to comment-
I do that all the time eue
Baby name site, letter starting with Pokemon...
BUT THEN AGAIN. I HAVE SO MANY CHARACTERS THAT I USUALLY END UP GIVING UP ON TRYING TO MAKE NEW NAMES SO I USE THE INTERNETS HELP

But I like the name :I

P.S. ....Gabriel is one of my favorite names >A>
Lyon
Lyon

EXP : 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Chelan Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:57 pm

I am not that good with names, so when my first choise (Niel) was taken, I was horrified. So, I asked for help, and probably annoyed the #€££@£4w£2 out of her whit my questions.

After asking for help and hunting in a baby name site, I named my OC Chelan Vesper. Vesper is a name that my fried suggested and means Evening Star. It fits, as Starmie are star shaped and night pokemon, no?

Chelan is something I picked myself, from many candinates. It means Deep water, as I wanted something to do with water. One of the names I consired was Shui ((chinese origin, water)) , but I tought it probably would be too boring. And Shui Vesper didn't sound good.
Chelan
Chelan

EXP : 133
Region : Kanto

http://elizabethjohan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

What's In A Name? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's In a Name

Post  Emily Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:09 pm

For my character, I wanted to use a name that I never have before. I love the name Emily, so after I decided my gijinka was going to be female, her name was already on my mind. :3

As for her last name, it was difficult at first. I wanted something to relate to the type of pokemon she was going to be, but I saw that is was already being used in such a fashion with another drifloon (Ryan Driff). Since the first part was being used, I picked the last part. I love the way "la" sounds as it rolls off of the tongue, too.

So. My favorite girl name + relation to drifloon as a word + my love for the "la" sound = Emily LaLoone.
Emily
Emily

EXP : 68

Back to top Go down

Post  Setzer Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Buah, those names sound so sophisticated... oAo

And every time I read Emily's name, I think of the :la: icon in dA... xDDD /shot
Setzer
Setzer

EXP : 360
Region : Hoenn

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Setzer wrote:Buah, those names sound so sophisticated... oAo

And every time I read Emily's name, I think of the :la: icon in dA... xDDD /shot

I do, too. XD you're not alone on that fact!
Emily
Emily

EXP : 68

Back to top Go down

Post  Shawn D. Wed May 04, 2011 1:35 pm

My characters name is Shawn Daison. He is 15 yrs old. He is a simisage. He loves to play sports and battle. He is arrogant and stubborn when you meet him but at heart he is nervous and scared to be alone right now. He lived with his grandma after his parents died when he was 9 yrs old. He usually had his heart closed from the world except for his loving grandma. Then his grandma died a year ago and Shawn still has the pain of loneliness and abandonment in his heart even though he does not express that to the world.

The newest obsession at the moment would be the battle tower. He is very anxious to fight someone since it has been a week and a half since hd last battled. Battling allows him to release all the pain in his heart.

I hope you guys would love him as much as his grandma and parents.

Thanks X3
Shawn D.
Shawn D.

EXP : 21
Region : Unova

http://redtiger263.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyon Thu May 05, 2011 7:15 am

Um...Shawn...I don't want to be mean...But...I think this topic is just for your character's name and how/why it's named that >u>...
Lyon
Lyon

EXP : 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Shawn D. Thu May 05, 2011 1:37 pm

......oops xD

I tend to do that.
(embarrassed face)
Shawn D.
Shawn D.

EXP : 21
Region : Unova

http://redtiger263.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuroshi Fri May 13, 2011 5:09 pm

I didn't know what else to name him so I thought of "Black" because he's a Darkrai and has a lot to do with shadows and darkness and stuff~ =3=
So I named him Kuro which means Black, but that didn't sound good enough for me so I just added a random "shi" at the end because it sounded better to me. XD
I don't think Kuroshi is even a real name. X'D
Kuroshi
Kuroshi

EXP : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  Setzer Fri May 13, 2011 11:00 pm

Kuroshi is a rare name, but I've seen it used before. Shi means "death" (though it can also mean the number 4). His name basically translates into "Black Death"... |'D *Intimidated*
Setzer
Setzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuroshi Sat May 14, 2011 5:41 am

*starts counting in Japanese* OMG I forgot shi meant 4... oTL And I can count to 99 in japanese. Q^Q
Black Death... Death dosn't even have to do anything with Darkrai! They don't kill people they just torchure them for long periods of time. XD
But Kuroshi isn't that type of person, he usually goes inside nightmares to help people. =3=
But for some reason, it makes me happy to know your intimidated. c:
Kuroshi
Kuroshi

EXP : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tae Hee Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Wellll. There is this EXDA squad (which will become a team, after Kim and un-named chara will join). Exda squad is part of PMD-explorers and the squad contains Shelmet and Squirtle for now- I will give them Flygon and Combusken. Combusken because it's fire-fighting (and I'm bad with drawing monkeys).

Kim Tae Hee was recomended by a friend- when I asked for good female korean name- which came from me choosing to teach the upcoming combusken some Taekwon-do. SO the long story ripped to it's bones.
Kim Tae Hee
Kim Tae Hee

EXP : 80

Back to top Go down

Post  Setzer Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Kuroshi wrote:*starts counting in Japanese* OMG I forgot shi meant 4... oTL And I can count to 99 in japanese. Q^Q
Black Death... Death dosn't even have to do anything with Darkrai! They don't kill people they just torchure them for long periods of time. XD
But Kuroshi isn't that type of person, he usually goes inside nightmares to help people. =3=
But for some reason, it makes me happy to know your intimidated. c:

I'm easily intimidated. I'm not like my character at all. I'm sure if I met him on the streets... |'D
Setzer
Setzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronili Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:50 am

Ronili means "Joy is mine" because she's so happy all the time! =D

.....She has no last name! T~T *gets on baby site to find something amazing!* I'll get back with you on that XD
Ronili
Ronili

EXP : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum